Friday, January 14, 2005

A Day Off

It's 12 Noon, and I'm starting my second Red Bull, so I'm ready to face the day. I took the day off to catch up on some reading for my E-Business Security class at Keller. I've only got two more classes after this one, and then I will have completed a Master of Information Systems Management (MISM) degree. I will be done on June 19, 2005, and after 2+ years of hard work, I'm really looking forward to finishing up! Today will be spent reading for class, cleaning up the apartment some and making lots and lots of photocopies. With any amount of luck, I will actually have a chance to do some regular "day-off stuff" which for me would include watching some Netflix movies I've had sitting on my desk and perhaps a little time with my ham radio hobby. I also have had a chance to update several ham radio Web sites that I maintain, including The Plainfield Radio League, Plainfield RACES/ARES® and Will County ARES®. I have been meaning to update these for some time, and since I had the time today I went ahead and did it.

After a couple of hours, hunger is starting to set in, and I'm running out of Diet Pepsi, so I'm going to have to make a run to Jewel and re-stock on necessities. It's only 10° F outside right now, so I'm not looking forward to the cold Arctic shock, but that's living in the north in the Wintertime! I'm probably going to include in my run a stop at Best Buy to purchase the King of the Hill 3rd season and the 5th season of The Simpsons. That's going to be a problem, though, because I far underestimated the size of DVD/CD cabinet I would need when I bought one a few weeks ago. It might be necessary to purchase a pal for this cabinet! My dad also clued me in that I can find a desk for my ham shack at Ace Hardware (or at "Ace sets the pace", the old slogan my dad still uses to refer to Ace Hardware), but I may wait on this until this weekend. A day off is what you make of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home