Saturday, April 30, 2005

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy...da movie

Today the boys and I went to see the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I had read all of the reviews, but I still didn't quite know what to expect. Yahoo gave it a B- and said the only people who would get into this movie were the diehards, however I thought it was quite good. There were a few times when the screenplay deviated from the book--like when Ford Prefect asked Arthur Dent to go to the pub with him without going through all the effort to convince the workmen. And there was the part when the party was on Magrethea where they jumped through these portals instead of riding in a car with Slottybotfast. My sons really liked the movie, even though I wasn't sure what to expect from them given that the story is so existential. On the way out of the theater they were already asking if there were other books in this series and if they would make movies of those books too. So that's a good sign. Marvin the Paranoid Android was absolutely great, and some toy company is going to make a bundle off of him. I recommend the movie, two thumbs up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home