Friday, March 25, 2005

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Part 42

While leaving the movies google-plex last weekend with my sons after watching the movie "Robots" (it was good...fodder for another blog, tho), I noticed a "coming soon" movie poster for "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy". Well, I must be living under a rock with an analog clock and a dialer telephone because I didn't know this was being made into a movie. I've read that it starts either April 29, 2005 or May 6th...soon to be followed by "Star Wars III" which will no doubt eclipse this tale of Arthur Dent.

Either way, you must promise me that you will go and see this movie. Douglas Adams was a prolific man, and this book was a masterpiece. Do yourself a favor and get the audio book, read by Adams himself. I saw Adams give the keynote speech at a conference in Chicago in November 1998, and there are no other words for him except *brilliant*. He has since passed, but he left us quite a legacy. Enjoy the movie!

1 Comments:

At 25 March, 2005 15:27, Blogger mp3 said...

Nice article, I am also a fan here the link to my Hitchhikers Blog where you can read a bit more about Douglas Adams work:
http://graffiti.myblogsite.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home