Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Macromedia MAX 2005, Linux, Patti and other tangents

Well, it's been announced...Macromedia's MAX 2005 conference will be held October 16-19, 2005 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. I answered the call for speakers, so we'll see if I will be on the roster this year. I'm hoping to talk about this special fusion of CSS and JavaScript that I use to make compelling user interfaces for Web applications.

Most of the Web application work I'm doing currently is in ColdFusion (a Macromedia product), though I've been writing a handful of ASP on the side. In a few weeks I'm going to build a computer and install Red Hat Linux on it. I have Red Hat installed on an old Celeron 400 MHz Gateway laptop, but it's beginning to breathe its last sighs. On this new box I will install Apache and write a little PHP. I will also put Tomcat on it and write a little JSP. I will then probably install ColdFusion on top of Tomcat. This will keep up my diversity in server-side languages. So there are some of my "when I have some extra time" projects.

My mother insists, though, that I wait on those projects in order to finish projects I'm committed on for her--namely cleaning out a bedroom in her house in which I slept for 6 months (whole nother story). Guests will be staying in the room over the weekend next month when my sister gets married. Alas, this will forestall my plans to take over the universe using nothing but a paperclip, a shoelace, a wad of gum and a home-made Linux box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home